In the 12th game of IPL 2021, Chennai Super Kings (CSK) take on Rajasthan Royals (RR) – here are some Dream11 fantasy predictions and tips for the game.
Chennai Super Kings may not be the most fancied team in the league and the Wankhede wicket may not be to their taste, but after toppling a strong batting line-up like Punjab Kings at the venue, the MS Dhoni-led side will back themselves to pull one past an injury-laden Rajasthan Royals. Part of that planning could also involve rejigging their side a touch to bring in more bowling force in someone like Lungi Ngidi at the expense of Dwayne Bravo.
Rajasthan Royals, meanwhile, found success late in the game courtesy of a Chris Morris blitzkrieg. The top-order will want to fire more consistently and with Stokes now out and runs in the powerplay critical, it might be worth giving Jos Buttler a go at the top.
Check here to know where to watch IPL 2021
Head to head record
Overall: RR 10 – 14 CSK
Since 2018: RR 3 – 3 CSK
Team record in Mumbai
Chennai Super Kings: Won 7, Lost 8
Rajasthan Royals: Won 5, Lost 5
Know you IPL calendar by checking out the schedule here.
CSK RR Dream11 Fantasy tips
- CSK have managed Moeen Ali extremely well and it’s likely that the left-hander will get more opportunities near the top. With his bowling also useful on the comparatively sluggish Wankhede wicket, Moeen instantly becomes a great fantasy value player.
- Chris Morris is another all-rounder you can back given his death bowling value and possible batting bonus. The South African hasn’t yet fired big time with the ball, but is known to take wickets in the death with his yorkers. Hitting the deck to CSK’s middle-order could also work in his favour.
Predicted XI and match preview for CSK v RR available here.
- David Miller fired last game, but is often a suspect fantasy pick for his inconsistency. However, of late Miller has been in good nick and the true bounce and lack of pace of CSK bowlers will suit his tastes. CSK do have spinners to trouble him, but with more time available to him in all likelihood, Miller could play a good hand again.
- Faf du Plessis and Suresh Raina add top-order value in the CSK line-up and can be picked. Same goes with Sanju Samson and Jos Buttler, both no-brainers.
- Ravindra Jadeja is a good pick as RR’s top-order has quite a few right-handed batsmen. They do have Miller, Dube and Tewatia and at least two of them pose a big threat to Jadeja, so he is an average pick that can possibly be swapped out for someone like Sam Curran.
Rewind: IPL 2020 matches between CSK & RR
Game 1: RR win
Game 2: RR win
CSK RR Dream 11 Team
Curran for Jadeja
Parag for Miller
Unadkat for Mustafizur
Captaincy options in order
Samson, Moeen, Raina, Buttler (if announced he opens, he should be captain)
Subscribe to the Wisden Cricket YouTube channel for post-match awards, player interviews, analysis and much more.