Cricket Properties delivers content, events and other services to rights holders and brands within the world of cricket, and operates as the Wisden brand in Europe, Africa and Australasia manifesting as wisden.com, Wisden Cricket Monthly and The Nightwatchman.
We want to give you clear information about what information we collect and how we use it.
Cricket Properties Ltd is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, www.wisden.com, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
If you consent to Cricket Properties contacting you, you can withdraw this consent at any time by contacting us via firstname.lastname@example.org or by unsubscribing via the ‘unsubscribe’ link found on all emails we send. You can update your personal details and email preferences via the ‘update preferences’ link included on all emails we send.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
How we collect information
- Information we collect, via cookies and related technology, from the devices you use to receive Wisden content, products and services, about your use of Wisden, and/or third party content, products and services. This may include fingerprint information about your device, machine or browser so that we can make sure you get the products and services you are entitled to receive. This information may be collected when cookies are turned off. For more information on cookies and how to manage them, please see our cookies notice.
- When you create an account on Wisden.com
- Shop purchases
- When you subscribe to a Wisden mailing list
- IP address, identification number, online identifier, browser information, location data and other similar identifying information required for your devices to communicate with websites and applications on the internet.
- Information provided by other organisations who’ve obtained your permission to share information about you with us.
What we do with the information we gather
- We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about our or our partners new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided. We will only send you promotional emails if you have given us consent to do so.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
- We will never share your data with third parties unless you give us explicit consent.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- not submitting your email address via any submission box on the website
- you may choose not to allow us to use your personal information for marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to Cricket Properties Limited, Fourth Floor, Bedser Stand, The Kia Oval, Kennington, SE11 5SS or emailing us at email@example.com.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless required by law to do so.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Cricket Properties Limited, Fourth Floor, Bedser Stand, The Kia Oval, Kennington, SE11 5SS or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to Cricket Properties Limited, Fourth Floor, Bedser Stand, The Kia Oval, Kennington, SE11 5SS or email email@example.com. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Keeping your data up to date
You may notify us of any updates, amendments and corrections to your information, or restrict or delete your data (where applicable), by contacting us via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that we may need certain information to enable us to provide you with the products, goods and services you ask for, so changes you make to your data or restrictions you ask us to make on how we use your data may affect what services we can provide.
How long we keep your information
We will contact you at least once every 12 months to re-confirm the consent you have given us to store and use your data. If you don’t not re-confirm your consent, we will remove your data from our records. Please note that we will consider consent to have been given if you open and/or click on a link within an email or log in to your user account.
If you wish to make a complaint about how we use your information, please contact us at email@example.com and we will do our best to help. If you are still unhappy, you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office via their website.
Changes to this notice
We will occasionally update our Terms and Conditions. We will post a notice of any material changes on our website prior to implementing the changes, and, where appropriate, notify you using any of the contact details we hold for you for this purpose. This may include e-mail, post or interactive social media. We encourage you to periodically review our notice to be informed of how we use your information.
When you log into our website, we may share information that we collect from you, such as your email (in hashed, pseudonymous form), IP address, or information about your browser or operating system, with our partner LiveRamp. LiveRamp uses this information to create an online identification code for the purpose of recognizing you on your device. This code does not contain any of your identifiable personal data and cannot be used to re-identify you. We place this code in our cookie and allow it to be used for online and cross-channel advertising. It may be shared with our advertising partners and other third party advertising companies globally for the purpose of enabling interest-based content or targeted advertising throughout your online experience (e.g. web, email, connected devices, and in-app, etc). These third parties may in turn use this code to link demographic or interest-based information you have provided in your interactions with them. You have the right to express a choice regarding our sharing of this data with LiveRamp for the above purposes, of the creation of this code, or of our sharing of the code with our advertising partners.
When you use our website, we share information that we may collect from you, such as your email (in hashed, de-identified form), IP address or information about your browser or operating system, with our partner, LiveRamp Inc and its group companies (‘LiveRamp’). LiveRamp may drop a cookie on your browser or directly in our emails and match your shared information to their on- and offline marketing databases and those of its advertising partners to create a link between your browser and information in those other databases. Similarly, when you use our mobile apps, we may also share hashed and de-identified email addresses, mobile device ID, location data, and advertising identifiers with LiveRamp, which uses that information to create a link between your mobile device and its databases. This link may be shared by our partners globally for the purpose of enabling interest-based content or advertising throughout your online experience (e.g. cross device, web, email and in app etc.) by third parties unaffiliated with our website. These third parties may in turn link further demographic or interest-based information to your browser. You have the right to exercise your rights under GDPR including opting out of LiveRamp’s Cookie or Mobile Identifiers and can easily do so by clicking on this link: https://your-rights.liveramp.uk/home
With consent, we use data to:
– analyse user cohorts and behaviours across our website; we build aggregated audiences around key attributes and behaviours.
– facilitate targeted advertising on sites owned by SN&CK Media limited to provide relevant advertisements to you and to make effective use of advertising inventory.
We facilitate the above functions by using advertising technology providers: