Wanindu Hasaranga has become the top ranked men’s T20I bowler in the world after a stellar 2022 T20 World Cup, where he picked up 15 wickets, regaining the top spot after a year.
The Sri Lanka spinner picked up the second-most wickets in a single edition of the T20 World Cup following his 15 scalps in his team’s Super 12 exit. Hasaranga also has the record of picking up the most scalps in a single edition – getting 16 wickets in the tournament last year.
Hasaranga displaced Rashid Khan, who had toppled over Josh Hazlewood recently from the No.1 bowler rankings. However, the former’s fine show saw him gain 17 rating points through the edition and is currently the only bowler with more than 700 rating points. The last time he was No.1 was in November 2021, after the T20 World Cup.
The only other change in the bowling charts was the entry of Adil Rashid into the top 10. He is currently eighth, with his England teammate Sam Curran a spot below.
While Hasaranga didn’t rise up the all-rounder rankings, however, remaining at No.8 after an indifferent batting form in the tournament. Sean Williams, however, made progress, entering the top 10, while Pakistan’s Shadab Khan is now at 15, rising up from No.25.
There weren’t many changes on the batting front, with Sri Lanka’s Pathum Nissanka entering the list. He is currently tenth and replaced Virat Kohli. The batting chart is headed by India’s Suryakumar Yadav, who has achieved his best-ever T20I rating points – 869, and is now eighth on the all-time list.
ICC Men’s T20I Player Rankings (Batting)
1. Suryakumar Kumar (India)
2. Mohammad Rizwan (Pakistan)
3. Devon Conway (New Zealand)
4. Babar Azam (Pakistan)
5. Aiden Markram (South Africa)
6. Dawid Malan (England)
7. Glenn Phillips (New Zealand)
8. Rilee Rossouw (South Africa)
9. Aaron Finch (Australia)
10. Pathum Nissanka (Sri Lanka)
ICC Men’s T20I Player Rankings (Bowling)
1. Wanindu Hasaranga (Sri Lanka)
2. Rashid Khan (Afghanistan)
3. Josh Hazlewood (Australia)
4. Tabraiz Shamsi (South Africa)
5. Adam Zampa (Australia)
6. Mujeeb Ur Rahman (Afghanistan)
7. Sam Curran (England)
8. Adil Rashid (England)
9. Anrich Nortje (South Africa)
10. Maheesh Theekshana (Sri Lanka)
ICC Men’s T20I Player Rankings (All-rounder)
1. Shakib Al Hasan (Bangladesh)
2. Mohammad Nabi (Afghanistan)
3. Hardik Pandya (India)
4. Sikandar Raza (Zimbabwe)
5. JJ Smit (Namibia)
6. Moeen Ali (England)
7. David Wiese (Namibia)
8. Wanindu Hasaranga (Sri Lanka)
9. Sean Williams (Zimbabwe)
10. Marcus Stoinis (Australia)