About the Product
- Cover story – we speak to 10 of England’s finest run-makers about the innings when it all just clicked into place. Marking the 30-year anniversary of Graham Gooch’s masterful 154* against West Indies at Headingley, an innings widely regarded to be one of the greatest in Test history, English batting royalty – including David Gower, Charlotte Edwards, Mike Atherton, Kevin Pietersen, and Gooch himself – talk us through their magnum opus and the backstory behind it.
- Chris Woakes opens up to Phil Walker about a frustrating few months and life in the IPL bubble.
- The magazine is full to bursting with county cricket, including news and interviews from all 18 first-class clubs in our new ‘County Files’ section.
- Carlos Brathwaite, who will represent Birmingham Bears in the T20 Blast, speaks to John Stern about the “curse” of Kolkata, the scene of his heroics in the 2016 World T20 final.
- Sophie Ecclestone talks to Jo Harman about being the No.1 ranked spin bowler in the world.
- Shane Bond speaks to Andrew Alderson about his glittering but all-too-brief playing career and his second life as a nomadic coach.
- Dennis Amiss picks Warwickshire’s Greatest XI.
- Ten years on from Kevin O’Brien’s whirlwind World Cup century against England, Calum Trenaman considers the impact that innings had – and continues to have – on Irish cricket.
- Andrew Miller writes that football is the new cricket after detecting some familiar hallmarks in the European Super League proposal, Elizabeth Ammon says the Blast has a golden opportunity to reassert its value, Isabelle Westbury voices her concerns for the future of independent journalism, and Andy Zaltzman explains the significance of the number 36 in his mind-bending column.