About the Product
- Cover story – Lawrence Booth considers whether Joe Root can go on to become an all-time world great, rather than merely an all-time England great, while shouldering the responsibility of captaincy. The Wisden Cricketers’ Almanack editor speaks to Nasser Hussain, David Gower and David Lloyd as he assesses the recent record of “arguably England’s best Test batsman for more than half a century”, his status within the fabled ‘Fab Four’ and the impact leadership can have on run-scoring.
- We mark Pakistan’s tour of England with John Stern’s article on their formidable pace factory and how it continues to churn out exceptional talent, while Phil Walker takes us back to the combustible series of 1992, when Wasim and Waqar wreaked havoc and slanging matches ended up in the High Court.
- We look forward to the belated arrival of the Vitality Blast – now more important to county cricket than ever – with a full preview of all 18 counties.
- Our series on cricket’s diversity problem continues with Taha Hashim’s investigation into South Asian participation in Yorkshire.
- James Wallace explores the role and reputation of the much-maligned ‘stonewaller’ following Dom Sibley’s opinion-dividing contributions at the top of England’s batting order.
- Exclusive interviews with Isa Guha, Mike Brearley and Bryan Henderson, the man in charge of calling the shots at Sky Cricket.
- Opinion from our columnists Andrew Miller, Elizabeth Ammon and Zafar Ansari.
- Club Debate: is it time up for timed cricket?