About the Product
- Cover story – a special feature tracing the lineage of English batsmanship from the Golden Age to now, speaking to Graham Gooch, Geoffrey Boycott, Michael Atherton, Alec Stewart and Ollie Pope. “Anyone can bat,” Gooch tells Jon Hotten. “But can you make any runs? That’s the question.” Across a 14-page feature we explore how England’s most prolific batsmen of their day have gone about their craft, from Ranji to Root and all points in between.
- We reveal the 19 most exciting teenage cricketers in the UK after canvassing opinion from coaches and players across the country.
- Part one of Wisden’s Gear of the Year, showcasing the best new kit on the market.
- Exclusive interview with Pakistan’s captain-turned-coach/selector, Misbah-ul-Haq.
- Makhaya Ntini talks Daniel Gallan through his extraordinary, groundbreaking career.
- From our team of columnists: Andrew Miller considers whether Jos Buttler has become “too big to fail” in Test cricket; Geoff Lemon, standing in for Adam Collins, on New Zealand’s controversial selection of Scott Kuggeleijn; Lawrence Booth profiles one of India’s most influential but often forgotten cricketers.
- NEW SERIES: The Greatest XI. Geoff Miller picks a team of Derbyshire’s greatest players.
- Ben Foakes gives a wicketkeeping masterclass.
- The Club Debate: Rich Evans investigates the business of club cricket.