About the Product
- Cover story – In this souvenir issue we celebrate the England men’s team’s extraordinary World Cup win, and consider what comes next in the game’s ongoing quest to inspire and energise the next generation.
- Chris Woakes, England’s star opening bowler, gives us the inside track, taking us right back to the start of the show and rolling through to that mind-bending finale.
- Columnist Jonathan Liew asks if English cricket can truly capitalise on this moment – he has his doubts – while editor-in-chief Phil Walker assesses the impact at grassroots level.
- Elsewhere it’s Ashes time. Jon Hotten pens a beautiful, elegiac piece about the contest’s enduring mystique; and Sam Perry, of the Grade Cricketer, looks at Australia’s obsession with pace.
- And Rob Smyth speaks to some of the hapless English batsmen charged with deciphering the Warne code from the blond’s breakthrough Ashes in 1993.
- Plus all this: our secret cricketer on lunatic coaches; James Taylor’s poignant brilliance; Robin Smith’s life in cricket, our packed club cricket section, and the best young female cricketers in the world.