About the Product
- Cover story – we celebrate a new golden age of Test batting and debate which of the ‘Big Four’ – Kohli, Smith, Williamson and Root – deserve the title of the world’s best long-format batsman.
- We also have an extended special feature on the finest cricket books ever written, picking out a top 100 and giving an expert panel the mammoth task of choosing a shortlist of seven and, eventually, after much debate, a winner. As our reviews editor Jon Hotten writes in the introduction: “Of course the final choice is subjective. Our real hope is that everyone will find something here to fire the imagination.”
- Columnist Jonathan Liew recalls some of England’s more unfortunate pre-World Cup freak-outs and issues a warning ahead of this summer’s tournament.
- Almanack editor Lawrence Booth explains the reasoning behind his choices for Wisden’s Five Cricketers of the Year.
- Allan Donald reveals how he almost played for England.
- We go behind the curtain at the IPL with privileged access to the Rajasthan Royals.
- The Club Debate – Rich Evans asks if there’s a growing disconnect between club cricketers and their representatives in the committee room.