Mitchell Johnson has been left off Triple M’s list of radio commentators for the upcoming Australian summer of cricket.
Johnson has worked with Triple M previously, and said on his podcast, The Mitchell Johnson Cricket Show, that he would be doing so again this summer.
“I’m all good. I will be doing some commentary for Triple M in the first Test. We’ll see what happens there,” he said last week.
Since then, Johnson has become involved in a public spat with Australia opener David Warner and selector George Bailey. The furore was sparked by a column written by the left-arm speedster for the West Australian, in which he argued that Warner was wrong to earmark the final Test of Australia’s upcoming series against Pakistan for a farewell send-off, and criticised Bailey’s close relationship with Australia’s players.
Bailey responded by saying he hoped Johnson was OK, with Johnson, who has been open about his history of depression, hitting back by saying he was “disgusted” by Bailey’s insinuation that Johnson’s mental health could have prompted his comments. Johnson also revealed that a text exchange between himself and Warner had helped prompt him writing the article.
Triple M have named an 18-strong commentary roster for the international summer, which begins with the first Test against Pakistan on December 14, but Johnson is missing from the list.