In the 17th game of IPL 2021, Punjab Kings (PBKS) take on Mumbai Indians (MI) – here are some Dream11 fantasy predictions and tips for the game.
Mumbai Indians lost to Delhi Capitals for the first time in six games but they have an opportunity to make amends immediately as Punjab Kings, struggling for form, meet them in Chennai. The night game should be another low-scoring affair and clearly Punjab have found it tough to adapt to pitches and game situations.
Mumbai haven’t been a their best this season and this season, but have still managed to win matches. Punjab, despite the batting strength they have, will be challenged by Mumbai’s pace attack. The slow bowlers will also be tough to crack with Jayant Yadav expected to retain his place, giving MI a three-prong spin attack.
Check here to know where to watch IPL 2021
Head to head record
Overall: MI 14 – 12 PBKS
Since 2018: MI 4 – 2 PBKS
Team record in Chennai
Mumbai Indians: Won 10, Lost 5
Punjab Kings: Won 2, Lost 5
Know you IPL calendar by checking out the schedule here.
PBKS MI Dream11 Fantasy tips
- In a vulnerable batting line-up, KL Rahul and Mayank Agarwal are must picks. Chris Gayle is susceptible to Jayant, Bumrah and Boult and is better avoided. Nicholas Pooran’s batting entry point makes him a suspect pick although he did come to bat earlier in the previous game.
- Rahul Chahar has loved it in Chennai so far and the leg-spinner will be a genuine threat to the Punjab batsmen especially as MI have the pacers to counter Pooran and Gayle to let Chahar attack freely.
- Fabian Allen or Hooda is still a choice you’ll have to make. Allen will allow you to pack the bowling department and the odds are stacked against Hooda firing anyway.
- Trent Boult upfront and Chahar and Bumrah in the backend offer great value. Mohammed Shami and his hard lengths against MI batsmen should be interesting and makes him a good pick.
- Kieron Pollard has started bowling more and the sluggish Chennai surface is suiting him. He is a clever bowler; combine it with his raw brute power with the bat makes him too good a pick to ignore.
MI: Quinton de Kock (wk), Rohit Sharma (c), Suryakumar Yadav, Ishan Kishan, Hardik Pandya, Kieron Pollard, Krunal Pandya, Rahul Chahar, Jayant Yadav, Jasprit Bumrah, Trent Boult
PBKS: KL Rahul (c & wk), Mayank Agarwal, Chris Gayle, Moises Henriques, Nicholas Pooran, Deepak Hooda, Shahrukh Khan, Fabian Allen, Murugan Ashwin/Ravi Bishnoi, Mohammed Shami, Arshdeep Singh
Rewind: IPL 2020 matches between PBKS & MI
Game 1: MI win
Game 2: Tied (PBKS win Super Over)
PBKS MI Dream 11 Team
Hooda for Pollard/Allen
Jayant for Krunal
Pooran for Rahul
Captaincy options in order
Boult, Chahar, Bumrah, Suryakumar, Pollard, Rahul
Subscribe to the Wisden Cricket YouTube channel for post-match awards, player interviews, analysis and much more.