In the eighth game of IPL 2021, Punjab Kings (PBKS) take on Chennai Super Kings (CSK) in Mumbai – here are some Dream11 fantasy predictions and tips for the game.
Punjab Kings survived a scare against Sanju Samson and his side Rajasthan Royals in the season opener, but came out of it with a win. At the Wankhede, armed with a strong batting line-up, against a Chennai side whose bowling has come under scrutiny, Punjab will fancy their chances. Chennai Super Kings, on the other hand, lost their first game to Delhi Capitals, but they had a few positives to take away from the game in their batting intent. Can their bowling find a way to control the big hitting Punjab batsmen?
Check here to know where to watch IPL 2021
Head to head record
Overall: PBKS 9 – 15 CSK
Since 2018: PBKS 2 – 4 CSK
Team record in Mumbai
Chennai Super Kings: Won 7, Lost 8
Punjab Kings: Won 6, Lost 6
Know you IPL calendar by checking out the schedule here.
PBKS CSK Dream11 Fantasy tips
- KL Rahul has scores of 29, 63, 71 and 55 in his last four matches against CSK. He started IPL 2021 with a cracking knock and on a flat Wankhede wicket, given his batting position too, is among the most dangerous batsmen awaiting CSK.
- Suresh Raina, Ruturaj Gaikwad and Moeen Ali with the x-factor Sam Curran offer a good mix of pure batsmen and all-rounders from CSK who have impactful roles with bat and ball.
Predicted XI and match preview for PBKS v CSK available here.
- Nicholas Pooran, despite being demoted down the order last game, is a good pick here mostly because CSK bowlers don’t have the pace to trouble him. He was, however, dismissed both times by Shardul Thakur last season. An alternative for Pooran is Hooda, who after his antics last game, might get promoted over him again
- Lungi Ngidi, if he plays, is the only pick you need from the CSK attack. Thakur, despite his promise of late in T20Is, has a flat Wankhede wicket where his cutters don’t quite work as well. Deepak Chahar is up against two technically correct batsmen in the powerplay and is also better left out.
- Mohammed Shami had an exceptional first game in the midst of some batting madness. His pace and bounce will trouble CSK batsmen and by virtue of him possibly bowling at least one over in the death, he is a decent captaincy option too.
Rewind: IPL 2020 matches between PBKS & CSK
Game 1: CSK win
Game 2: CSK win
PBKS CSK Dream11 Team
Hooda for Pooran
Du Plessis (if he plays) for Mayank
Meredith for Jhye Richardson
Captaincy options in order
Rahul, Shami, Mayank, Gayle, Ngidi
Subscribe to the Wisden Cricket YouTube channel for post-match awards, player interviews, analysis and much more.