In the 15th game of IPL 2021, Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR) take on Chennai Super Kings (CSK) – here are some Dream11 fantasy predictions and tips for the game.
Kolkata Knight Riders arrive for their first game in Mumbai aiming to bounce back after two back-to-back losses. While the theme of playing in Chepauk was largely spinners winning out with low scores being defended, KKR received a pounding at the hands of Glenn Maxwell and AB de Villiers, and now find themselves up against another team stacked with batting depth.
Chennai Super Kings, meanwhile, are riding high after two huge wins. Their net run rate is far and away the best in the competition, with MS Dhoni still providing value as a captain and contributions with the bat coming throughout their XI. The signs are good that their IPL 2020 playoff miss might have been just an aberration.
Check here to know where to watch IPL 2021
Head to head record
Overall: KKR 9 – 15 CSK
Since 2018: KKR 2 – 4 CSK
Team record in Mumbai
Kolkata Knight Riders: Won 1, Lost 8
Chennai Super Kings: Won 8, Lost 8
Know you IPL calendar by checking out the schedule here.
KKR CSK Dream11 Fantasy tips
- After a long period of low confidence and being unselected by England feeding into each other, Moeen Ali looks back to his best in the gold of Chennai Super Kings. However, his finger spin may not be as incisive away from the spin friendly surfaces of Chepauk.
- Shubman Gill looked in sublime form for a brief moment at the start of KKR’s tall chase against RCB. On a friendlier wicket, he could well be primed for a big score.
- Sam Curran, Chennai Super Kings’ golden boy, has had another explosive start to his campaign, and with MS Dhoni struggling with the bat, he could be in for a permanent promotion up the order from now on.
- Andre Russell earned lots of points for his two-over five-for against Mumbai Indians, but after his expensive showing at the death, he might be in danger of losing his finishing role with the ball. Given this can often be a thankless task, this could make him a more valuable pick.
- Keep a close eye on KKR’s overseas slots. Shakib Al Hasan struggled at Chepauk, where surfaces should have helped him. If Lockie Ferguson comes in, he could be a good differential pick.
Rewind: IPL 2020 matches between KKR & CSK
Game 1: KKR win
Game 2: CSK win
CSK: Ruturaj Gaikwad, Faf du Plessis, Moeen Ali, Suresh Raina, Ambati Rayudu, Ravindra Jadeja, MS Dhoni (c & wk), Sam Curran, Dwayne Bravo, Shardul Thakur, Deepak Chahar
KKR: Nitish Rana, Shubman Gill, Rahul Tripathi, Eoin Morgan (c), Shakib Al Hasan/Lockie Ferguson, Dinesh Karthik (wk), Andre Russell, Pat Cummins, Harbhajan Singh/Pawan Negi, Prasidh Krishna, Varun Chakravarthy
KKR CSK Dream 11 Team
Tripathi for Rana
Prasidh for Varun Chakravarthy
Thakur for Chahar
Captaincy options in order
Moeen, Russell, Faf du Plessis, Gill, Sam Curran
Subscribe to the Wisden Cricket YouTube channel for post-match awards, player interviews, analysis and much more.