IPL 2021 DC v KKR preview: Dream11 prediction, fantasy tips & probable XI for Delhi Capitals vs Kolkata Knight Riders
In the 25th game of IPL 2021, Delhi Capitals (DC) take on Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR) – here are some Dream11 fantasy predictions and tips for the game.
Delhi Capitals will be banking on their quicks to make an impact as they take on Kolkata Knight Riders on Thursday in the second game of the day. KKR too were reliant on their bowling attack for a win last game and will probably need to still spice it up further by bringing in Lockie Ferguson to stand a chance. Eyes are all on Shubman Gill, however, after a string of less-than-convincing knocks.
Check here to know where to watch IPL 2021
Head to head record
Overall: DC 12 – 14 KKR
Since 2018: DC 4 – 2 KKR
Know you IPL calendar by checking out the schedule here.
DC KKR Dream11 Fantasy tips
- Prithvi Shaw in this form is an enticing pick, but Pat Cummins and Shivam Mavi should test him with ones coming back into him, the strength for both these bowlers. As such, you might be better off banking on Shikhar Dhawan and Marcus Stoinis from the DC ranks in the batting line-up despite Stoinis’ negative batting returns. An alternative is to just stick to Pant and Dhawan and pick Sunil Narine as an additional all-rounder.
- Rahul Tripathi is an underrated T20 opener and against a Delhi side that has pace upfront a lot, Tripathi could actually take off really well. He is a decent pick for this game.
- Eoin Morgan found some form, but against Rabada and Avesh Khan, both capable of hitting the deck hard, he is a suspect pick as is Nitish Rana. While Shubman Gill has been rather ordinary, you could gamble on him one more game.
- In the DC bowling line-up, Rabada, Avesh and Mishra are good picks as is Axar Patel from the all-rounder category. Of the lot, Mishra is most suspect to be at the receiving end of an onslaught.
- Russell, Axar and even Narine are good picks for this game from the all-rounder section. If you are relying on extra options in the batting department, Dinesh Karthik could be a left-field choice.
Probable XI for DC KKR
KKR: Nitish Rana, Shubman Gill, Rahul Tripathi, Sunil Narine, Eoin Morgan (c), Dinesh Karthik (wk), Andre Russell, Pat Cummins, Shivam Mavi, Prasidh Krishna, Varun Chakravarthy
DC: Prithvi Shaw, Shikhar Dhawan, Steven Smith, Rishabh Pant (c & wk), Shimron Hetmyer, Marcus Stoinis, Axar Patel, Kagiso Rabada, Amit Mishra, Avesh Khan, Ishant Sharma
Rewind: IPL 2020 matches between DC & KKR
Game 1: DC win
Game 2: KKR win
DC KKR Dream 11 Team
Shaw for Axar
Cummins for Stoinis
Karthik for Gill
Captaincy options in order
Dhawan, Russell, Avesh, Varun
Subscribe to the Wisden Cricket YouTube channel for post-match awards, player interviews, analysis and much more.